~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The Humiliation of it...

If you take a quick peek to the left (and up a bit), you will see every writer's nightmare - their word count! I have installed a word count purely to motivate (and embarrass!) myself to keep plodding on.

Plod is the right word for me. I am definitely a plodder. Last week my word count was as high as 4,000 (that's good for me :-)). Then I came to the conclusion (aided and abetted by a free critique I was owed...) that my plot just wasn't working.

I tried to rebel, but a hundred words later I realised there was nothing for it, I had to rewrite the entire chapter and rework the plot!

I have a confession to make too - I have never ever completed a full manuscript before. I've never admitted that publicly. I don't even know whether I can complete a whole novel.

The good news for everyone else is that I believe if you can see me struggle, little by little, word by word, and eventually finish it, it will motivate you to give it a go too.

Click on the word count and it will take you to the site where you too can get one free. Go on, I dare you to join me...

2 comments:

Magnolia said...

Yes, you can complete an entire manuscript. I have faith in you as a writer.

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Thanks for your vote of confidence Magnolia :-)