~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Saturday, April 22, 2006

I Won!!!

Readers of Kate Walker's blog will know that she recently ran a competition. The prize was an autographed copy of one of her titles.

I am always entering different competitions etc. I forget about them as soon as I've entered because I never win. Until now that is! [VeryBigGrin]

Imagine my surprise, when checking my email before going to bed last night, I discover that I have won! Not only have I won an autographed copy but I am humbled by the fact that Kate Walker visited my blog to tell me!

I am currently reading her fantastic non-fiction title the 12 Point Guide to Writing Romantic Fiction. I already love her Harlequin books, and this book for struggling writers is BRILLIANT. I have bookshelves full of How-to advice, but I can honestly say that Kate's book provides all the advice an aspiring romance writer needs. The scary thing is, I know that if I put into practise all her advice, I have no reason not to be published!

Anyway, back to the competition. I now have the hard decision to make of deciding which one of her books I want. It's an impossible feat when they are all great reads. Oh well, this is the best dilemma I've had in ages...

7 comments:

Margaret McDonagh said...

Great to see you blogging MsCreativity and getting stuck in to the writing again. Really pleased for you. And congrats on winning Kate W's competition! Good luck with your wip and keep writing.

Best wishes,
Mags

Sharon J said...

I have Kate's book too, and have found it incredibly useful. I'm also lucky enough to be part of Penny Jordan's writing group which is helping me enormously. Do you belong to a writers' group at all?

It seems you and I are more or less in the same situation as I'm in the middle of writing a manuscript that's aimed at HMB. I'm going for the Tender line. Which line are you aiming for?

I shall be following your progress with interest. Perhaps you'd like to join our brand new chat forum that's part of Penny's writers' group site? My blog's part of the site so you can just follow the links from there.

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Thanks Mags :-)

Sharon: No, I don't belong to a 'real' time writers' group, but I do belong to Shirley Jump's 'justwriteit' online group, which I find very helpful and inspiring.

Thanks for the invite to Penny's group. I've signed up. I need all the help I can get!

Good luck with your Tender. I'm writing Medical, and I'm still struggling with Chapter Two!

Sue :-)

Karen Erickson said...

Congrats on winning your Kate Walker book! I read her 12 point guide and I found many parts useful. I gobble up those how to writer books - I wonder sometimes if I read too many of them!

Welcome to the world of blogging. And good luck on your wip. Oh! And thanks for visiting my blog! I'll be back to visit you as well. ;)

Sharon J said...

The word count sliders are great, aren't they? It's so inspiring to see the slider move along, and I love watching over people's get closer to THE END.

I'm glad you signed up on the chat board. We only launched the NWG site last week so obviously it's still in its infancy but we're hoping once people start to find it that it'll soon grow into a lively and useful resource.

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Karen: I'm the same, I spend far too much time reading How To books, rather than putting their advice into practise! (It's so much easier to read than to write, lol)

Sharon: It is inspiring to see the slider move along, trouble is mine moves sooo s-l-o-w! I'm still at the point where I wonder whether I'll ever get to The End. :-)

It's great to be a part of the NWG chat board in its infancy. I'm bored with always being the 'newbie', lol. :-)

Sharon J said...

I know the feeling. When I finally got to the half way mark I felt as if I'd won the lottery. You'll be there before you know it.