~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Update

Um... on the writing front there's nothing to update you on. BUT there's a reason for this (and no, it's not procrastination, for a change)!

Hubby and I reviewed Chapter Three together: I need to add a little more character to it in one particular place, especially as I lost about two pages in the edit! I've started Chapter Four, but I haven't had a chance to write for the past couple of days.

During the last few weeks we've been house hunting. We don't want to renew our lease on this property in August (for several reasons), and it's been impossible finding something else that's even half decent. Until yesterday!

To cut a long story short, we viewed a couple of properties, one of them which we accepted (and they accepted us!). It's amazing, suddenly all the pieces seem to be falling into place.

Hubby and I are still officially in our 'honeymoon period' - we only married last August (I'll post some photos soon). So, this will be our first home that we have chosen together and it's perfect (or it will be by the time we move in!).

The only downside is that we have to move sooner rather than later. I am tied into my current property until August, which means for one or two months we will have two rents to pay. We decided that it's worth dwindling our savings because this is such a great property and we can't afford to lose it. Plus we have the security of knowing that we can live there for as long as we like, and make it our own - NO MORE MOVING -WOOOHOOOO!!

I haven't mentioned this before because it's not something I want to focus on too much in this blog, but I have multiple sclerosis. The simplest thing can 'take it out' of me, and I am often unwell. Hence, with everything that's been going on I'm not feeling so great healthwise. So, if you don't see me around very often over the coming weeks, you'll know it's because I'm taking it easy :-). (Likewise, if you happen to see a lot of me on here, please feel free to remind me that I should be taking it easy!!)

Another downside is that I won't be able to resume writing my book until I've recovered from the move (I'm praying that the move doesn't throw me into a fully blown relapse like my last move did).

I'm not letting myself stress too much over the writing side of things. The upside is that I can 'brew' my plot and get to know my characters like I should have done before even beginning Chapter One.

I will still have my 'procrastination' time, and I intend to keep up with all your blogs as often as I can. In the meantime, I will try to post periodically and let you know how things are going - please don't stop visiting me, and good luck with all YOUR writing!

1 comments:

Eva said...

Take care, MsCreativity. When you do return to writing, I'm sure you'll have tons of ideas ready to turn into elegant prose.

Moving into your own home is so exciting! Congratulations. Love the photos above, by the way.