~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Clear Your Mind

I have spent the entire morning organising my email accounts and it's amazing how much clearer my mind feels.

I have finally set up my Outlook box to take my email messages on my main computer. This is already happening on my laptop, but while I'm in better health I've not been using it.

What a difference a bit of organisation has made! Okay, it's taken me hours (I've downloaded over 2,000 messages), but I now have a clear inbox (although I still have a pile of posts to catch up on from various writing groups).

Everything has its own folder, and I'm going to ensure that I don't let my emails ever get in such a state again. Although I have a feeling that this may wind up like all my other best intentions - good for a week or two, and then back to square one!

How organised are your emails?

3 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

I don't let them pile up too badly but they aren't in any way organized. I let them gather for a while and then I print out the ones I want to keep.

I don't like having too many emails pile up cos it makes me nuts! But you should see my desk right now - organized chaos! :)

Sharon J said...

I keep organising them but they still get just as disorganised as they were to start with. It's my inbox that's the trouble. I tend to leave stuff there rather than delete it or move it, and then I have several thousand old mails to wade through and decide whether to delete or file. Most get deleted and I wonder why the hell I ever kept them in the first place. The answer, of course, is laziness.

Hattigrace said...

I use gmail (as is Google Mail), so it is online, has great search engine, so I don't have to organize them. I can just do a 'search mail' when ever I want to access anything. You never have to delete if you don't want to, so you don't have to worry about overloading your computer. They have a spam thing, so if you get an unwanted email, you mark it as spam and anything from that address goes immediately into your 'spam' folder. I just love it. You have to be invited, so if you want, we can exchange emails and I will send you an invitation. Oh, and it is free, too!