~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Philippa Gregory

Whenever I think about Bernard Cornwell, my thoughts automatically turn towards Philippa Gregory, simply because they both gave the Master Class together at London Book Fair 2005.

The first book I ever read of Philippa's was 'The Queen's Fool' and I've been hooked ever since.


I love reading historical fiction, and this one is the second in a trilogy, set during the Tudor period and in the Royal household of King Henry VIII. Each book can be read as a stand-alone novel, so it doesn't matter if, like me, you read them out of sequence!

">Philippa hasn't always written historical fiction. 'Perfectly Correct' is another wonderful book that most likely comes under the 'chick-lit' genre.



I have a few notes that I made from the Master Class, and if I can make any sense of them, I'll post the advice I gleaned from both Philippa and Bernard soon.

3 comments:

Sharon J said...

Love the 'Perfectly Correct' cover and hope you find those notes and post them. 'Tis alwasy interesting to hear what the pros say. ALTHOUGH... I've found that if you listen too much, you just end up confused because one says this and another says that and then along comes a third. That's why I was getting into such a mess with my HMB - too much listening to too many people.

Julie S said...

Oh, I LOVE Philippa Gregory! I've been hooked since The Other Boleyn Girl - it was so beautifully written and I had such a hard time believing it was fiction! I haven't read any of her chick-lit, but I'm sure it's wonderful.

April said...

Exciting! Can't wait to see what you learned!!