~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Monday, June 12, 2006

Today's the Day...

...when we officially begin packing!

Instead of feeling overwhelmed by the prospect, I'm excited. We still don't have an official moving date, but suffice to say it will be before June is over.

The bit that does threaten to overwhelm me when I allow myself to think about it, is that we are planning a D-I-Y move. We have time on our side because we pay rent on our current property until August.

The plan is to transport what we can in the backs of our cars, and on the 8th July the cavalry (in the form of my mum and her partner) will arrive with a van to make a few round trips with the furniture.

Okay, I'm not thinking that far ahead yet.

First things first, I'm off to start the packing...

3 comments:

Stacy Dawn said...

At least you can take your time. But in truth, packing sucks doesn't it. Good luck.

Sharon J said...

I've done 17 DIY moves in my time so know exactly what you're heading for. Most of the time we haven't had a 'cavalry', as you put it, though. I've never minded before but I couldn't do it now. My energy levels just wouldn't let me. I get knackered just hanging out the washing! How are you going to manage? Are you going to wait for your high energy days or what?

Karen Erickson said...

I can't stand moving, I've never had professionals move me, it's always been DIY. Ugh. We moved into our new house right after we got married almost 5 years ago and I don't plan on going anywhere soon.

After moving 6 times in 5 years prior to that, I'd had it with moving!

Wow, I sound bitter. Sorry. :)That's good you have so much time to pack up. It makes the move easier...