~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It's nearly time...

... to resume my work-in-progress. I can feel it. I've already made plans to begin my 'writing' life on the 1st August, but my characters are beginning to rebel on me (for a change!).

Now all I have to do is make my 'real-life' problems and issues understand that they've got to take a back seat... (Not an easy thing to do when I've still got plumbers and kitchen fitters scheduled to come out, handyman visits to oversee, and a medical appointment or three! Oh yeah, and our Dyson blew up yesterday so that's moved to the top of the list).

As if all that isn't enough to be going on with, here in the UK we are currently in the middle of a heatwave. Which would be fantastic news if the heat didn't wreak havoc with my MS symptoms. I find this very strange when in the past I've coped with hotter temperatures in the Costa Del Sol and the south of France without any problems. Hmmm... can't we ever get things right over here?

Anyway, enough of my moans - I'm happy really...

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I think the heat wave seems to be all over the place! It's 99 degrees Fahrenheit over here. Definitely a good idea to stay indoors.

Shelli Stevens said...

I'm so jealous you're in the UK. I love it over there. Although I can't tolerate heat waves! LOL>

Good luck getting back into the 'writing' life! And thanks for visiting my blog :)

Karen Erickson said...

What the heck is going on? Everyone is suffering through a heat wave. It was at least 110 here yesterday and it's just as miserable today. We have a pool but it's so hot I won't even go outside to swim in it. That's pretty pathetic.

I hope your MS symptoms are getting better. Stay cool! :)

Tempest Knight said...

You know, sometimes it's not a matter of telling our problems to take a backseat to our writing. Pushing them can sometimes make things worst. It's more a matter of finding that fine balance between them. *smiles* In my case, I believe writing our problems into our stories plots can work wonders.

Stacy Dawn said...

It must be a world-wide heat wave.

I agree with Tempest. It's finding that balance.

April said...

Hugs on the heat... At least you're not alone with it :-) It was a balmy 101 here today. Of course the humidity added quite a bit to the index.

I sooooo agree with Tempest. That's some fantastic advice IMHO. Good luck!

Margaret McDonagh said...

So glad to hear the move is over for you and I hope you are soon rid of plumbers and others and able to settle in and just be. Do take care of yourself. The weather has whacked me, too, the excessive heat seems as bad for arthritic conditions as the damp cold at the other end of the year. Be kind to yourself and take it easy for a bit. Good news that your characters are speaking to you and champing at the bit! I hope you are able to get back into the book very soon. Good luck. I've finished the draft of the wip. Now beginning the polish.

Take care,
Mags

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Thanks everyone for visiting and taking the time to leave your comments. I hope wherever you are in the world you're coping with the extraordinary heat.

Tempest, thanks for the advice; I'm going to try writing my problems into the storyline - at least I'll never run out of plots again! :-)

Woohoo Mags! That's excellent news on your wip, congrats!

Sue :-)