~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Move Over Goran...

...and make way for Clive!


I feel bad. I didn’t plan for it to happen. But in my defense I never chose Goran to be my hero for this book, he chose me!

It’s not nice when you have a hero who changes the way he looks mid-way through the book, but I think it’ll work out for the best. My hero’s name is Matt. He’s an Englishman and since I’ve gone back to write his story Goran just hasn’t felt like ‘Matt’. For a while (especially as I've been re-watching Season 1 of ER) George Clooney has been a strong contender. The trouble is, Matt isn't quite that cheeky with the ladies.

Chapter Two's main scene takes place in a torrential downpour - Clive's picture here is almost perfect (Unfortunately I haven't been able to erase Angelina, who will never be heroine material for me).


Matt is prone to a bit of brooding, so yep, Clive's won hands down...



Have you ever had image problems with your characters midway through your book?

4 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

Yes, I just did with my heroine on the Halloween story I just sold. I changed her looks halfway through! My original description wasn't working for me. I never really had an image of her. Oh well, I just hope I caught all of the changes when I sent off the ms!

I guess that's what an editor is for, huh?

Clive is hunky. ;)

Michelle said...

Hi Sue! You won the Reno RWA Nationals handout book on my blog. If you get a chance, e-mail me your address at: michelle at michellewillingham.com.

I'll have to mail it after we get back from our Ireland vacation, okay?

Stacy Dawn said...

Yeah, he's definately got something.

Jacqui D. said...

i LOVE clive owen - my favourite movie with him is Gosford Park. I love love love him...:D yum yum

even when a hero in a book doesn't suit my fancy, i just change him in my mind - like if he's a redhead, i make him dark, if he has blue eyes, I make htem brown...if they are blond and huge I make them Clive. *giggles*