~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Monday, August 14, 2006

Book In a Week

Over at the Villa in Tuscany blog, Melissa is hosting BIAW. Can you believe I signed up for it!!

Okay, we all know I'll never write a book in a week, and healthwise it isn't a great time for me to even try, but despite this I decided I have nothing to lose by trying.

Yesterday I spent a whole hour(!) writing. I confess I didn't manage to turn my internal editor off completely but I did achieve 837 words! Even if I do say so myself, they were pretty good words too, and not the drivel I thought I'd come out with.

All being well, later this afternoon when I sit down for another sacred hour devoted to my wip I'll add another few hundred words. Today I'm particularly motived because I know I'll get past 10,000 words WOOHOO!

I may be living in dream-land but my goal is that I'll finally nail Chapter Four by the end of the week. Yep, I'll be more than happy to achieve a 'Chapter In a Week'. Watch this space - or better still, my wordometer.

It's not too late for you to join in the BIAW challenge (or if you're like me CIAW), so pop over to the Villa in Tuscany and join us.

5 comments:

Jacqui D. said...

I didn't see this post when I was here yesterday - but I did find the Villa and have also signed up! Congrats on your success so far.

I'm going to make a pot of coffee and get to work on my day one since I'm starting a day late *giggles* so hopefully we'll both experience success from this!
Hugs - Jac

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Jacqui, there's a reason you never saw it yesterday - it wasn't posted! Thanks for bringing it to my attention - I forgot to copy and paste it to show today's date. Blogger don't make things easy do they?!

Good luck with your BIAW!
Sue :-)

Melissa Marsh said...

Way to go, Sue!!! You're doing awesome!

Karen Erickson said...

You can do it! Really you can! :)

Stacy Dawn said...

Good for you!