~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Saturday, August 19, 2006

What a Difference a Day Makes!

Thursday was a dark day for me. I hated my illness. I hated myself; worse still I hated anybody who tried to make me feel better. Everything felt like a dark, dark tunnel and there was no escape.

I couldn't be bothered to even try and find the energy to focus on the good things in my life, even though I knew there were many. I couldn't be bothered to focus on the light that I knew I'd find at the end of the tunnel, if only I would look for it. Everything was bad. There was nothing positive.

But then something happened.



A new day dawned.

The darkness was now only a shadow that I knew I had the strength to shrug off if I wanted to.
And I wanted to.


Over the last 48 hours I've felt brighter.



No matter how many dark days we may have in our lives, take heart:
There's always a new day to look forward to.

1 comments:

Jacqui D. said...

Sue, I wish you only bright tomorrows...If only I could do more than give you words.

I did make a donation to the MS society on your behalf today though - as well as to the breast cancer fund at Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto...this weekend is the weekend to end breast cancer walk in Toronto...so while I was donating, I thought of you.
May my little donation make a difference in your future.
Hugs.