~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Where was Patrick?

~ Dr.'s appointment - check
~ steroids x 5 days - check
~ rest, rest and more rest - check
~ train tickets booked - check
~ arrangements for taxi transfers to and from theatre - check
~ Arrive at theatre - check
~ Buy programme - check

WHAT?!?! NO PATRICK?! CHECK!!!

WAAAAAAAAH.

Okay, after all the trouble I went to; the tears, tantrums and the pain, Patrick stood me up. Never again will I put this man first, especially before my health. NEVER, ever again. No way. Not even tempted.

And today? I'm battered, I'm bruised, I'm exhausted, and Patrick? Does he even care?

Patrick's INDISPOSED. Huh. Indisposed. Does he know the agony I endured to go and see him? Not just me either. Oh no. People from all over came especially to see him.

Guys and Dolls was good. It was even great, but it wasn't the fantastic, once in a lifetime experience I'd wanted it to be.

In truth, for me, Guys and Dolls isn't a stand-alone musical that I would choose to see regardless of who the cast is. No. Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, yes, but Guys and Dolls? I went for Patrick. Just Patrick.

But Patrick was indisposed! (did I mention that yet?).

6 comments:

Tess said...

Sorry to hear Patrick stood you up. Bad Patrick. Bad, bad Patrick.

Melissa Marsh said...

Oh man - he should visit you personally just to make up for that.

Michelle said...

Agh! Hugs on that. Sorry the musical wasn't as good as you wanted. I love Les Miserables and also the Secret Garden as my favorites.

Stacy Dawn said...

OMG after everything you've been going through, to crash a dream like that...ugh (((hugs)))

Karen Erickson said...

That freakin' sucks! Damn that Patrick...he's in big trouble with me.

Jacqui D. said...

How dare he - doesn't he know how important you are? Shame on him.

That's it, I'm never going to enjoy watching Dirty Dancing or Roadhouse again.
*phffftttt* big raspberry to Patrick.