~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Childhood Memories

I'm 'it' again, thanks Jade. (I really must learn to run faster ;-))

I'm one of those people who have very early memories, and my long-term memory is much better than my short-term memory, so this is a toughie.

One of my first is having one of those swings that hang in doorways. I can 'see' my dad getting me up from my cot (where I'd been whinging - I know, no change there!) and swinging me...

Climbing in my younger brother's cot when I was four to wake him up to play (sorry mum!)

Going to the cinema to see Watership Down, and being able to stay on at the end and watch it all over again!

Re-enacting my 'Secret Two' story with my best friend. Okay, I might have pinched the idea from Enid Blyton's Secret Seven, but we all have to start somewhere.

Going blackberry picking with my mum, auntie, and nan. I kept pinching them from the tub on the way home and tried to deny it - I had blackberry stains all around my teeth and mouth - I never could get away with telling fibs!

Playing 'crocodiles' with my brother - we used to jump from one piece of furniture to another because of the crocodiles on the carpet.

Spending many an hour in the garden on my swing - and being brave (or stupid?) enough to jump off in mid air (note to my children: Yes, I know you used to get into trouble for doing that - what can I say, I'm a hypocrite!!).

Well I could go on for hours (anything to avoid chapter three rewrites... ), thanks Jade for the trip down memory lane.

Okay, here's my favourite bit - I tag Melissa over at Grosvenor Square and I'll drag Sharon J out from her water butt - to welcome her back to blogland.

4 comments:

Sharon J said...

Errm... at the risk of appearing incredibly dim, what exactly am I supposed to do?

I used to play the Crocodiles game, too! That's one I'd forgotten so thanks for the memory nudge :-)

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

LOL - I should've known we'd have crocodiles in common too!

All you have to do is blog about any childhood memories you don't mind sharing, and then tag how ever many others you want to do the same.

Clear as mud, right?

Sue :-)

Sharon J said...

Right. Gottcha! Will get onto it straight away [am stuck on pump so being ultra effective blogger today].

Melissa Marsh said...

OK - I'll have to do this one tomorrow! Loved reading all your memories. :-)