~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Friday, September 08, 2006

Good Times Are Coming...

... I can feel them.

Firstly, my laptop's finally come home and it's in tip-top condition! So now when I'm unable to sit at the main comp for long, I no longer have an excuse not to write (I still have numbness in my hands which makes it difficult to put pen to paper). I thank God I can still type.

My story has been progressing, but be warned the wordcounter may not move for a while. I've reached a stage where I need to go back and rewrite chapters three and four before I can continue with the plot. I'm hoping the changes I'm ready to make will make the chapters longer in a natural way. I confess I'm even feeling a little excited because as it stands now I'm on Chapter Seven. I originally thought I'd need at least 16 chapters but I'm now hoping once I've implemented the rewrites I'll discover I'm closer to the end than I thought. I'm busy now trying not to count my chickens...

And the icing on the cake was to discover that Trish has posted a link to me on her blog :-0!!!

You know something else I'm learning - published writers really do love hearing from their readers. It's something I've only started doing recently, but in light of the comments Trish has made on her blog I'm realising it means a lot to learn they have achieved what they set out to do - give enjoyment to readers.

5 comments:

Melissa Marsh said...

Hope the rewrite goes well for you, Sue!

Sharon J said...

Mills & Boons' writers tend to be nice when you contact them although I'm not sure that could be said of all authors. I won't mention names but there are a few who have been quite rude. Needless to say, I didn't buy anymore of their books. But then when they're constantly on the best-seller lists, I doubt they care. Sadly.

Sharon J said...

BTW - I've started a new blog (not on Blogger because it won't let me blog). It's at http://www.sharon-jacobsen.co.uk/thewaterbutt/

Thought you'd like to know :)

Magnolia said...

Yay! You got the laptop back! I just read all the stuff about Patrick. Wow. I'm so sorry it turned out to be disappointing.

Devon Ellington said...

Interesting process. I have to do an entire draft before I go back and rewrite or I lose the piece.

Congrats on the laptop -- should make youre life much easier!