~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

In My Research Cave

Last Friday Michelle Styles posted a pic of her cave and challenged fellow bloggers to post a pic on their blogs of theirs.

Today begins Part 4 of Trish Wylie's workshop involving lots of research, so I thought as I'm going to be busy researching for the forseeable future, I'd be brave and post pics of my cave.

(that isn't wine in the glass but strawberry and kiwi squash). (Some research books and materials)

A few weeks before we moved house we were offered two large desks that were being thrown out, and I don't know how we ever managed without them. I'm now sandwiched (literally) between my corner desk and one of the freebie desks, with hubby working at the other freebie desk squeezed in next to my corner desk (note: he wasn't brave enough to post a pic of his).

To say we're cramped is an understatement, but we don't care because it means we now have a child-free and a dog-free zone and can write/study in relative peace. Not that 'peace' is the right word when we're both in our haven together - believe me it can become a very stressful place - suffice to say the kids have labelled it the 'war zone'!

10 comments:

Liz Fielding said...

They are all way too tidy! Of course none of them show you the floor...

SharonJ said...

My cave is my bed. I sit on it with my laptop perched on my knee and write. I have no book shelves or other spaces in which to keep research material and such so that's all out on the landing. Well, some of it's in a pile down beside the bed. What I'd give for a cramped little space that has a desk and shelves in it! Pure luxury.

Melissa Marsh said...

I always love to see where other people work. And it looks like you're quite cozy!

You can see a pic of mine here:

http://grosvenorsquare.blogspot.com/2006/07/where-i-create-new-and-old.html

Jacqui D. said...

Hi sue! Love your office space...I'd be embarassed to post mine! hope all is going well - I've lots to read up on your site I see...:D got my laptop (new one! yeah!) so i'm back to it and having loads of fun catching up.
Cheers.

April said...

Your work space is entirely too neat. Entirely. You put me to shame.

But it looks great and you deserve big kudos for that! :-) Good luck with all of the research!!

Leo said...

Definitely looks like a good place to get lost in!

Karen Erickson said...

You say you're cramped but it looks nice and organized. My desk is usually total and utter chaos....

:)

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

I have a small confession to make - there's a reason my office space is so neat and tidy - I don't get to use it very often!! I'm more likely to be found in bed with my laptop - and you should see the mess in my bedroom (well, actually you shouldn't because that would put me to shame!!
Thank you all for stopping by.

Stacy Dawn said...

That is so cool. It must be nice to have your own space to work...good for you

Jade said...

Hey Sue,

It's soooooo cool to see your "cave"...:-)

cyber hugs,

Jade