~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Friday, September 15, 2006

What a Day!

I should have known that I wouldn't get anything done, I had too good a day yesterday.

I ended up staying up late because I wanted to add a few hundred words to my manuscript, and I paid for it today. My day began sluggish, and every time I tried to load Blogger to read part two of Trish's workshop it wouldn't let me in. Then I spent hours trying to find photos of my heroine, without much success.

By lunchtime however, my day brightened up and I spent the afternoon making travel arrangements for another trip down south. I haven't received a reply from Patrick Swayze yet, but my wonderful hubby did get a reply to the letter he wrote last week to the theatre... we have been given two complimentary tickets to revisit Guys & Dolls this time WITH Patrick!!!!!!!!

The good news became tainted for a while though because hubby is busy preparing for his exams with the OU (October will see the end of his four years of study and he'll have finished his degree), so he's unable to accompany me this time :-(.

Then the day brightened again because I've now made arrangments with my mum. She is coming with me to see Patrick and I'm going down south for the whole week to spend some time with her. It's been years since I've managed to get down to Rochester (my home town), and I hardly ever get to see her, so this will be a real treat.

And just when I thought the day couldn't get any better my hubby found my heroine for me :-D! I'd considered Melissa George earlier but I wasn't convinced, that is until I saw her with none other than Clive Owen. The strange thing is they are in a scene that I have already written from Chapter Two!! Matt and Kate are having a humdinger of a row in the middle of a carpark, in a torrential downpour. Take a look at this:


Okay, it's night time and it isn't raining, but it's good enough for me :-).
I was going to post a couple more pics of Kate on her own, but Blogger's playing me up again and won't let me load any more. I'll try again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

Blogger was weird this afternoon for me - told me I was unauthorized to view my own blog! Huh?

Good news on the tickets and glad you found your hero and heroine!

:)

Sharon J said...

Heard from PS? What have I missed? Why would you have heard from him? Oh, blimey, I can see I've lots of catching up to do.

When will you be in Rochester? We'll be down that way from 26th September for a month. Any chance of a coffee together?

Good luck with your heroine. I can feel good vibes coming from you now so expect to send an ms off to HMB by the end of the year!

Stacy Dawn said...

Oh how cool for you and Patrick!!

Your hero and heroine look great together **wink**...good luck on the writing.