~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Saturday, October 28, 2006

A bit of a 'blip'...

... but normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

I've not been around the blogosphere or internet much the past week or so. Several reasons for this but I guess they all boil down to the same thing - I just haven't had the energy. I'm used to not having physical energy but I've been feeling drained mentally too.

It hasn't helped that the family have been full of virus over the past weeks, and Gray succumbed to it too. He's better now, but it's been a looong two weeks.

Thanks to real-life getting in the way (for a change), I haven't done ANY writing. I'm starting to notice a pattern - when I'm not writing I get 'down'. I'm hoping to get back on top of things during the next couple of weeks and back to the w-i-p.

If you don't 'see' me around for a while it's because I'm immersing myself with my writing. I'll still be reading blogs, but I might not have the time to leave a comment (especially as Blogger keeps playing me up).

I've decided the only way I'm ever going to finish this Med is to stay in my cave working on a self-imposed deadline. It's becoming more urgent than ever because Gray's nearly ready for us to begin our historical together and I don't want him to have to leave me behind!

In the meantime I'm handing over the blog to Gray so there should be no shortage of posts... (oops, p'raps I should've asked him first?)

Happy writing everybody, and have a safe Halloween and an even safer Guy Faulkes!

9 comments:

Fiona Lowe said...

Good luck with getting back into the WIP. Medicals are fun to write...you get to do all sorts of things to people :-) Hope you're feeling more on top of things soon.

Sharon J said...

And to think I just emailed you because I was worried (sorry - being a bit of a mother hen!). Blogger has been playing up so I wasn't able to get on and see your post before now, y'see.

Good luck with the WIP but don't worry too much if it isn't finished by the time Gray's ready to start the historical. You can always go back to it later.

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Thanks for stopping by Fiona.

I think it's the research that's been stopping me from having fun with my Med, but I'm confident I'll soon be back on top of it.

Thanks for your good wishes.

Sue :-)

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

LOL, Sharon. Thanks for your email and concern.

It's kinda been health keeping me away with a big dose of STRESS, arghhhhh!

I'm ready to fight back now though and I'm determined to get this book finished (which means having the discipline to stay away from blogging...).

Fortunately, Gray exaggerated (to get me working again I think!)and it'll be a while yet before he's finished researching for the historical. He's learned loads from my mistakes and doing things the right way round!

Sue :-)

Sharon J said...

How about popping out of your cave for a few minutes while you do the First Page Challenge (see Julie Cohen's blog for more details)? I'd be really interested to see how you deal with your first page. I put mine up, even though it's only a first and very rough draft.

Melissa Marsh said...

I get bummed when I can't write. Actually, more than bummed - downright depressed, irritable, and snappy. (Poor hubby!)

Nothing wrong with taking a break from the blogosphere for awhile to work on your writing. Hope you get a lot done!

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Sharon, there's no way I can post my first page at the moment. I'm in the middle of polishing my short story (for M&B comp), and then I'm unofficially joining in eHarl's NaNoWriMo to try to finish the draft on my w-i-p. If I let myself look at my first pages right now it'll turn my internal editor back on *shudder*.

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Melissa you've described what happens with me!!

I feel so much better now I'm writing again, and I'm hoping NaNo will get me finally finishing my first draft.

Rewarding my daily writing with a bit of blog-reading is also keeping me motivated!

Sue :-)

Jacqui D. said...

Sue, you know I'm thinking of you even though I'm not around a whole lot right now either.
Take care and we'll connect online as soon as we are both up to the task!

I miss our blogging time!
Take care,
Jacqui