~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Friday, October 06, 2006

Groundhog Day!

Guess what?

I went to try to see Patrick Swayze for a second time in Guys and Dolls (the theatre gave me complimentary tickets after our last disappointment), and once again Patrick was INDISPOSED!

It still hasn't quite sunk in. The Box Office have already offered me some more complimentary tickets to go again, but at over £100 travel expenses every time, I'd be a mug to believe it'd be third time lucky. Hmm... let me think for a second, to date, Patrick Swayze has cost me £350.

What most disappoints me is the lies being told. Last time we were told he was ill, yet on the day he should've been performing at the theatre he was filming The Sharon Osbourne Show (I know this for a fact because my mum was in the audience for Sharon's show the same week).

For this last missed performance a lovely lady I was speaking to had been told that Patrick had sprained his ankle but that it was the FIRST time he'd not performed!!!

For anybody planning to see Patrick next week w/c 9th Oct, it's only fair to warn them that Patrick won't be performing then either - he's on holiday in Spain!!! Hmm...

On a positive note, I thoroughly enjoyed the show this time. I knew all the songs and the cast were FANTASTIC, and d'you know what? They don't need Patrick Swayze at all...

5 comments:

Karen Erickson said...

What the heck is wrong with Patrick? Doesn't he know how much you wanted to see him?

I guess not - the jerk. :)

Glad to hear you had a lovely time despite his abscence - again.

Sharon J said...

It sounds to me like you're going off of Patrick.

The Sharon Osbourne thing is nothing less than a diabolical farce that he ought to be bloody well ashamed of! It's all about money, though, isn't it? Like he doesn't already have enough of that! Sod you having to lose £350, though. That obviously doesn't matter!

Melissa Marsh said...

This is unbelievable! I wouldn't bother with ol' Patrick again if he's going to play these games with his fans. Sheesh.

Lynette said...

Sorry to hear of your disappointment, Sue! It's unbelievable. I remember when the kids were young booking to see 'Annie' at The Old Vic. I was disappointed to find that it was not Paul O'Grady in the show, but the lady who played 'Dorien' in Birds of a Feather, Lesley Joseph, but she made such a great job of it, that in the end it didn't really matter.

I doubt you will have the same looks on Patrick now, if he can let his audience down like that for the sake of some extra filthy lucre!

Lynette

Stacy Dawn said...

OMG I can't believe he stood you up again! ((((hugs))))