~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It's Almost Over!

My hubby and I can't believe it, but it really is almost over. No, not my manuscript, but his studies.

Tomorrow my hubby sits the very last exam for his Honours degree. He has been on a four year journey with the Open University, and it hasn't been an easy journey to travel.

I still have three years of my degree left. I took a year out this year (supposedly because I wanted to focus on writing a book!!), and I'm due to continue my journey with them next year - although I still haven't decided because I might give myself another year off!

Two years ago, DH decided he wanted to finish his degree sooner rather than later, and since then he's studied two courses a year. Tomorrow is his last day, and ends with a FINAL exam. He's so nervous, it's almost putting me off any more study - ever!

Please join me in wishing him the best of luck. He's going to do brilliantly, I can feel it. But regardless of how well he does, we'll be beginning a new life together on Thursday. Watch this space to learn more...

9 comments:

Melissa Marsh said...

Oh how exciting! I can't wait to see you both begin a new chapter in your lives. Tell hubby good luck!!!

Sharon J said...

I started studying with the OU a while back too but found the foundation course too boring. Basically, it wasn't that different to the A level equivalent that I took in Norway. I would like to give it another go but it's sooooo expensive. What's hubby's degree in? I was planning to take a degree in Sociology.

Good luck... although he's not going to need it. I can feel that things are going to be just fine :)

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Thanks Melissa.

Sharon, have you looked into whether you qualify for having your course fees paid? I currently qualify for this and it's the only way I can afford to study.

Hubby's degree is BA (Hons) Humanities with English Language and Literature. Mine should be the same (if I ever finish!!). I'm not looking forward to doing a Level 3 Lit course, far too many books to read in a short time!

Sue :-)

Stacy Dawn said...

Mega Mega Mega good wishes floating over the ocean to him!!!

Karen Erickson said...

Congrats to your hubby!!! What an accomplishment...

:)

India said...

Good Luck-- and huge congratulations to him for coming this far already. Staying the course and motivating yourself to study is quite an achievement in itself!

So, what are you going to do to celebrate?!

Kate Walker said...

Good luck to your husband Sue - I hope his results are wonderful

And wishing you both every good luck in whatever you have planned for your future - I hope that too turns out wonderfully well.

Kate

Sharon J said...

I'm really not sure, Sue. I mean, I'm not on a hugely high income so I suppose it might be possible. I'll have to look into it.

How did it go?

Michelle said...

Wishing him the very best of luck!!