~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Honourary NaNoWriMo Participant



I've done it!

I'm determined to complete my first draft by the end of November so I've joined eHarlequin's NaNoWriMo as an Honourary Participant.

I know I'm tempting fate, but I'm not going to let ANYTHING stop me writing 1,000 words a day. If I can write 1,000 plus per day I will reach the finishing line for my first draft!

The hardest part is switching off my internal editor. There's going to be a good chance that many words I write won't even make it into the final draft, but at least I'll have a full manuscript to rewrite.

The new self-disciplined me has already noticed a major difference with the writing I've been doing. Yesterday I finished the final draft of my short story entry for the Mills & Boon/Woman's Weekly competition.

It's the first short romance story I've ever written and if I'm to believe Gray and my CP I may have pulled it off. I'm not counting my chickens of being placed in the competition, but it will be great if later on I can submit it to one of our national magazines for consideration.

Happy writing to everyone and here's hoping real-life won't get in the way for all the other NaNoWriMo participants.

3 comments:

Margaret McDonagh said...

Go for it, Sue, you can do it! Behind you all the way.

Love,
Mags

Melissa Marsh said...

WTG, Sue!!!

Sharon J said...

The first thing I noticed when I came here today was the HUGE increase in your word count! "Wow," I thought, "the girl really does mean business now!"

You can do 1,000 words a day - I know you can. Rooting for you in the short story comp, too!