~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Friday, November 10, 2006

A Temporary Blip!

I never learn do I? No sooner do I find my 'zone' than I'm taken out again by whatever 'lurgy' Gray had. I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated I am.

However, I am still writing. Sort of. Well, 100ish words yesterday and again today. Problem is I'm in the middle of a romantic scene, and have you ever tried to write a hot kissing scene when you're bunged up with whatever virus this is?!

I am however still in control. I know that as soon as I can I'll go back to the groove/zone or whatever you want to call the writing routine I discovered pre-lurgy. And, although I'm not consciously writing too much at present I have been plotting subconsciously, and I almost know exactly what's going to happen when I get back to it (and believe me my characters will be grateful they've had a break!).

Thanks to everybody who's stopped by and left supportive and encouraging comments. And to stop you getting too bored waiting for my word counter to zoom, I thought I'd leave you with a slide show of a few books taken off my current To Be Read (a.k.a. TBR) pile:

12 comments:

Jessica Raymond said...

Oooh, it's me!! :) :)

I love Barbara Erskine, too. I've got her "Hiding from the Light" and "Midnight is a Lonely Place" among my own TBR pile. As well as "Gladiator's Honour"... and about 50,000 other things...

Sharon J said...

You know what they say, Sue. A writer is working even if she's staring out of the window! And there's bundles of truth in that. As you know, I write for my living and a lot of my time is spent NOT writing although I'm still most definitely working. 100 words or a 1000 words doesn't really matter, it's the quality of those words that are important. Some days I can dash off 2,000 words but other days I might just manage 200 because I've had to do research and give a lot of thought to how I want what I'm writing to come across etc etc.

All that blabber just to say "don't worry about it" :-)

Kate Allan said...

Ooooo I like your slide show of books! :)

Margaret McDonagh said...

I really hope you feel very much better soon. Good luck.

Love,
Mags

Melissa Marsh said...

Darn little blips in life...hope you feel better soon, Sue! But hey - if you're still writing, you're doing great!

Sharon J said...

I've tagged you to tell us how you started writing but only once you're feeling better, of course :-)

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Wow, Jessica we have Barbara Erskine in common! I've read both of those you're waiting to read, and they are EXCELLENT. 'Hiding from the Light' is my favourite read ever and I can't recommend it enough. Something else we have in common - I've got about 50,000 other TBRs too!

Sue :-)

P.S. I'm trying to hurry Gray along so I can read yours, but he is savouring every word. He doesn't seem to want the story to finish (always a good sign)!!!

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Sharon, I've finally reached the point where I'm not worrying about it too much. Whenever I'm not writing I'm usually 'brewing' my next scene or idea.

Sue:-)

P.S. I will get around to the tag, possibly tomorrow or as soon as...

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Kate, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Sue :-)

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Mags and Melissa, thanks for your well wishes. This is one weird virus but so far it's not as bad as having the flu, so hopefully I'll be able to write for longer soon.

Sue :-)

Jessica Raymond said...

Aw, I have warm fuzzies!! I hope both you and Gray enjoy it :) :)

One of my colleagues got me on to Barbara Erskine by lending me Lady of Hay (her personal fave). I could *not* put it down. Another author she recommended to me is Barbara Michaels: quite gothicky. I read her "Stitches in Time" a couple of months back (it's about a cursed quilt) and it was v. v. good.

Jess x

Kate Hardy said...

Hope you're feeling better soon.

And yes, I've tried writing a love scene when I've had the lurgy. Interesting... :)

Couldn't get the slide show to work for me but I gather you have Barbara Erskine there - Lady of Hay is one of the best romantic novels ever, imho - and also Gladiator's Honour, which I enjoyed very much.