~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

2006

The plans I made (back in Nov 2005) for 2006 went pear-shaped. I started the year with these intentions:
  • Taking a year off from my Open University degree
  • Joining the RNA in January
  • Working on my Writers Bureau course
  • Working on my Chapter House course
  • Writing, polishing and submitting a M&B Medical Romance
  • Bon Jovi concert
And I had no idea I'd have to schedule in these plans:
  • We'd be moving again.
  • My health would be so bad.
  • My son would have to change schools.
  • Writing would become so hard
  • I'd change my mind about writing a Medical.
But neither did I plan:
  • that I'd start a Blog
  • that I'd meet so many wonderful people in Blogworld
  • that real friendships would establish from these
  • that my faith in Jesus would grow despite everything
  • that I'd move to a town and love it
  • that my children would be happier with the move
  • that I'd start making real friends with real people in the real world
  • that I'd become Editor of the local MS Society branch newsletter
  • that I'd become a Committee member of the above
  • that I'd love living closer to my in-laws
  • that both my children would do so well with their education
  • that I'd learn so much about my writing
For a while, I've felt disappointed with what I haven't achieved this past year. There have been many disappointments and many times when I've felt that everything's gone 'wrong'. But, when I look back, I suddenly realise it really hasn't been all bad. Hard, yes, but so many good things have come out of these things that it makes everything worthwhile and I wouldn't change a thing (except for my health for obvious reasons).

Perhaps 2006 hasn't been such a bad year after all.

1 comments:

Bailey Stewart said...

God answers things in His way and it's up to us to see them. I'm glad you were able to find the good things.