~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Friday, December 22, 2006

Aladdin

WOW!! I can't believe I enjoyed yesterday as much as I did - especially as *wait for it*... JASON DONOVAN didn't make the performance because he was ill.

Am I the biggest jinx around or what?! I have to say though that there was a massive difference to the disappointment I felt when compared with being stood up by Swayze, and that's because Jason's absence felt GENUINE.

Thinking about everything with the logical side of my brain, Jason has recently returned from the jungle in I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, coming from there back to the UK is enough to make anyone unwell!! Plus, Jason has two small children that are no doubt full of virus. Is it any wonder he's ill? *sigh*

I could rave on about the production for hours because it was FANTASTIC. I was VERY impressed with the three people we knew who were also starring in the show. Everybody in the performance was very talented, and for one of my DD's friends in particular I have a feeling that the West End stage isn't too far away for him.

I've seen a few productions over the years - and this was the BEST pantomine I've seen. It was more of a musical than a pantomine with plenty of audience participation. The contagious giggling coming from the little girl in front of us was all the proof we needed that the children were LOVING it, and let's face it, that's what panto is all about - the children.

Oh, and while Jason didn't make it in person, he was there in spirit and voice. He gave us a lovely welcome as the patron of the local production company. Here's one review I've found this morning in The Stage, so you can see I'm not being biased.

All that's left for me to say is, if you ever have the opportunity to go and see a Polka Dot Production I highly recommend it - you won't be disappointed!

3 comments:

Ces said...

Oh he is cute!!!

Melissa Marsh said...

I can't believe he wasn't there!!! How strange is that? But at least you enjoyed the performance. :-)

Caroline said...

Oh nooooooo!

Glad you enjoyed the performance.
Merry Merry Christmas to you and to your family. Have fun and I hope everything that you wish for comes true.
Cx