~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I've Done It...

I think!

For anybody thinking of transferring their existing Blog to Beta Blogger:
  1. Copy and paste existing template into a Word (or other) document.
  2. Be warned - you WILL lose ALL side links and other personal data.
  3. Don't panic - IF you've saved the back-up copy of old template.
Oh, one other thing - don't choose an unnaturally busy time of year (eg. CHRISTMAS) to transfer your blog!!

4 comments:

Trish said...

Aaaahhh.... but if you get an invitation from Blogger on your dashboard page they automatically move it all over for you...

....Says the girl who c&p'd her own blog and THEN found out....

;)

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Hmm... they transferred my blog over (eg. posts/comments) BUT I received a warning telling me that when I upgrade to the new template I'll lose everything - and I did.

I'm confuddled! I spent ALL afternoon typing in all the links again, because there was no other way. Did your original template convert so you could add a page element?

Weird :-/

Sue :-)

Sharon J said...

I don't like Beta Blogger. It won't let me link to my blog from the comments. Elitist, that's what I say!

Jessica Raymond said...

Ooohh, annoying! I'm refusing to convert to Beta. I'll be like the person who refuses to go to CDs and downloads because they're happy with LPs ;)

Jess x