~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Back To 'Normal' - whatever that is!

Pheww!!!! Getting up this morning was a toughie.

DD and DS are back to College and School, Gray's away for the day accompanying his Dad on a journey, and I'm officially starting 'work'.

So far so good, I'm up, dressed and settled downstairs. I've checked my email, quickly skimmed eHarl's message boards, and in a minute I'll be visiting the OU's conference. Then I'll start my day's goals - which today are particularly flexible, basically I just need to get started (on both my OU course and my writing).

Now for the scary bit - I'm actually switching the internet connection off once I start 'work'. I'm allowing myself a quick peek during my lunch 'break' but that's it, honest. My self-discipline has to start somewhere, right?

I'm going to pretend I don't really want to sneak back off to bed, and the poochies will think Christmas is here all over again because I'll let them accompany me in the lounge - at least I know they won't let me fall asleep!

Wishing everybody a productive day.


Sue :-)

9 comments:

Jessica Raymond said...

Hope it goes well, Sue! I know I should disable my connection when I'm working too, but just... can't... do... it...

;)

Jess x

Melissa Marsh said...

What a great idea to disable the Internet connection - I don't know if I could do it,though!

I like to write on my laptop, too, which doesn't have an internet connection at all. That way I'm not tempted. ;-)

Good luck with your goals today, Sue!

Karen Erickson said...

Wishing YOU a productive day as well, Sue! :)

Caroline said...

oh you are good. Such discipline!
Have fun.
Cx

Ces said...

Sue, I wish I have your discipline. I too need to get some things done. I need to discover "effective blogging". Read and comment as much efficiently. How should I do that? Any ideas?

S William said...

I have to go into "disable" mode. I hope it works for you.

Annie said...

Luckily, I don't have an internet connection on my computer, I have to go on my husband's computer for that. Plus, as his computer is upstairs, I at least get the benefit of a minor step workout whenever temptation overwhelms me.

Best of luck, Sue!

Sharon J said...

What discipline, Sue! I take my hat off to you! My trouble is that I need the Internet for research when I'm writing articles etc but tend to end up getting side-tracked and an hour later... you know how it is.

Good luck :)

Gary said...

Keep at it :)