~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

First Things First

One of my major goals for 2007 is to try to accept the limitations my health creates.

Therefore, it's with great reluctance, that I've had to resign from being a local committee member with the MS Society, and editor/writer of our local newsletter :-( .

This wasn't an easy decision to make, especially as in doing so I had to acknowledge the reasons why it became necessary in the first place: I don't feel reliable or well enough and I loathe 'letting people down'. I haven't made it to a (monthly) committee meeting since Oct '06 and it doesn't look like things are going to change any time soon.

I last published a newsletter in the Autumn, and I struggled to do this. My hands have remained numb since Aug '06, and I've had permanent nausea/dizzyness since October.

My aim is to achieve the goal with my health in 2007, so that at some point in the future I'll be able to take up a position in the committee again - except stronger and reliable. I want to be able to help other people, rather than need help from other people.

So, there you have it. First difficult decision of 2007 made. Next I have the neurologist appointment at the beginning of Feb...

Sue :-)

6 comments:

Annie said...

You've done the right (and honourable) thing, Sue. Health must always come first. Without it, we have nothing. Good luck with the neurologist.

Ces said...

Sue, I can only imagine how difficult a decision this must have been for you since you love writing. I am however, glad that you are taking care of your needs. I hope there will be answers and cures to your symptoms and a good and happy outcome. Good luck and take care Sue.

Melissa Marsh said...

Sue, I completely understand your decision. Sometimes we have to take a step back and do what is good for ourselves. You did the right thing. Take care of yourself and focus on you. :-)

Jessica Raymond said...

((Sue))

I can understand your disappointment with having to do this. But I think the fact that you've considered the options and come to a decision shows a strength that you may have feared you didn't have. But you do :)

Jess x

Nienke Hinton said...

A tough decision. But, it is important to prioritize everything in life to be truly happy.
Best of luck to you Sue!

Sue aka MsCreativity :-) said...

Thanks for all of your support and good wishes - they're very much appreciated!

Sue :-)