~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Saturday, January 27, 2007

More Revised Plans

This time where my OU Studies (E301) are concerned.

My original plan was to endeavour to get ahead (the first time in 3-4 years). I've now discovered that there's no way I'm going to be able to do that (surprise, surprise!). I'd hoped I'd be able to base my first TMA (Tutor Marked Assignment) on Chapter 1 and a specific Reading, which would've meant I'd be able to work on writing TMA 01 next week (making me 3-4 weeks ahead of the official schedule).

I've since discovered the minimum I can get away with studying is:
  • Chapters 1-3,
  • study guide,
  • CD Rom
  • and a rather heavy-going (trust me on this) academic book.
Okay, the last one isn't strictly necessary, but I don't want to rob myself of a better pass. I want to give myself the best chance possible of attaining what I know I should be capable of. Therefore, in order to do this, I can't take as many short-cuts as I'd hoped.

So, I've made a short-term decision. For the first TMA I'm going to aim to study everything that could be relevant to the assignment. However, if I do this and still end up with a rubbish mark, then I'll forget about trying so damned hard for the next TMA, and maybe if necessary unlink this course from my BA (Hons) degree.

This is my first Level-3 course and even the reading is so tiring. I pick up the course materials, determined to make some headway, and before I know it I've nodded off!!!

I'm not sure if I'll be able to achieve much with my studies or my writing next week as I have THREE medical appointments to attend - one of which is with the Neurologist. So far this year, that'll be TWO weeks or more that've been automatically wiped out; the first of these (mid January) I'm only just starting to recover from.

Well, in line with one of my important goals for 2007 (writing and studying), I'm prepared to be flexible with all of my aspirations. I'm going to take one day at a time and review the situation whenever I need to.

Sue :-)


Edited: finished reading Jeanne Whitmee's Wishes and Dreams and almost ready to post a review.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Little and often, Sue -
that's what I say
Keeps the brain ticking over
and the block thing at bay.

Enjoy!

Sharon J said...

Your courage never ceases to amaze me, Sue. Most people in your situation wouldn't even consider taking on a degree, let alone write a book at the same time! I honestly believe that there's a solution to every problem - maybe not always the solution we're hoping for, but always a solution.