~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Friday, February 23, 2007

I DID IT!!!!! :-D

Yesterday, my new electric wheelchair arrived. But by the time it was delivered I'd lost all of my new-found confidence. It's one thing to think/talk positively but it's something else altogether when it comes to putting those thoughts into practise. In truth I was dreading it!

Gray coerced me into having a practise run up and down our driveway, and we ended up going 'around the block' a few times. Nothing's ever as easy as it sounds, and believe me, 'driving' an electric chair is not only difficult but it's dangerous too if you lose your concentration for a moment.

The plan for today was to try out a local supermarket, and let me tell you, I was scared - not least because my dizziness was back with a vengeance! However, I was amazed at the level of my confidence once I was through the doors. It was almost easy!

In fact, by the time we got home, I decided I was ready to take my first trip to the country park. With reluctance I allowed Gray to take some photos (see below). Warning: I'm overdue a hair-wash and I didn't have a scrap of make-up on - I can't believe I'm posting them!!!!!!


and in the name of fairness, here's a pic I took:

And I can't leave the ducks out:

Wishing you all a great weekend.

Sue :-)





7 comments:

Melissa Marsh said...

Good for you, Sue!!! I'm so glad that you're getting out and about. And it looks like it was a beautiful day to be outside! Your husband is a jewel and he's also very lucky to have you!!!

Ces said...

You look very happy. My friend says that no make up is best but I am like you I get very self conscious until I see the photographs. Sometimes no make up is better. What a lovely place.

Jessica Raymond said...

Yay Sue! Your smile says it all -- well done you for getting straight on that, um, "horse"... :)

Jess x

Margaret McDonagh said...

Sue! I am SO proud of you!!!! Very well done, it's a brilliant achievement and the start of a whole new freedom. Congratulations. And you look lovely. As does Gray. Good on you, there'll be not stopping you now!

Love,
Mags xx

Kate Walker said...

Congratulations, Sue! Well done on getting out and about so quickly - I hope that now you can do so more often and get to enjoy it even more

And then maybe one day I'll see you at the RNA Conference?

Kate Walker

Sharon J said...

Way to go! There's a whole world out there waiting for you to explore! Go get it!

Caroline said...

I'm proud of you x