~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Thursday, March 22, 2007

What a difference a critique makes!!

My very lovely CP has given me back my enthusiasm for my book. Not that I've been struggling, struggling, but I started this WIP in the New Year and it's been stop and start all the way ever since. It's left me with 'those' feelings already: Is it boring? Am I wasting my time? Do I have the right voice for M&B Romance... ? You know the ones, they then turn into major collywobbles. I've had them before, but not quite as soon as this - I'm only on Chapter Two.

I didn't think it bode well, and then the other old questions reared their heads: Am I sure I'm even a writer? Am I just toying with the idea...?

But no, thanks to my wonderfully talented CP, my doubts have disappeared. She loves my writing, and she thinks it's right for M&B. Phewwwww!!! I live to write another day :-D.

5 comments:

Melissa Marsh said...

Woo hoo! Sounds like you have a TERRIFIC CP!!!

Jessica Raymond said...

Yay Sue! :) :) :)

Jess x

Annie said...

Well done, Sue! Keep it going!

Stacy Dawn said...

Yes! Critique partners are worth their weight in gold...and chocolate LOL

Tempest Knight said...

CPs are wonderful help, aren't they? I love mine! :) Good to hear you found your funk back. Hehehe!