~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Book Buying Temporarily Suspended :-O!!!

I've made a commitment: I'm not going to indulge myself in buying any more books for a while. That means no more sneaky visits to Mills and Boon or Amazon - I still have a few books to arrive that I've ordered in advance, i.e. Michelle Willingham's debut historical romance Her Irish Warrior, and Caroline Smailes debut novel In Search of Adam, but that's the end of my buying for the foreseeable future.

It's going to be difficult - perhaps the hardest goal I've set myself this year, but I'm going to do it. The most painful part will be not buying any more Mills & Boon Romance releases, because I LOVE those books. BUT, I'm still playing catch-up with the ones on my TBR pile and if I'm lucky I may be sent the odd book here and there to review on the *Romance Reviewed and *PHS Review Blogs - I live in hope. But whatever happens, I have LOTS of reading to keep me busy.

And, of course, in between reading from my TBR pile I'm also beavering away on my own Romance WIP, not to mention helping Gray with his Historical and other CP work. So, in theory, I shouldn't have time to get withdrawal symptoms - although whether that works in practise remains to be seen...

Sue :-)

* Please note - if I'm sent a book to review it will automatically go to the top of my TBR pile and be read as a priority.

1 comments:

Melissa Marsh said...

I'm headed to Barnes & Noble today to buy Holly Kennedy's next book - and I'll try to keep myself from buying more than that! ;)