~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Friday, May 04, 2007

Huh?!!

I'm confuddled.

For the past few months I've been happily using Firefox as opposed to IE as my preferred browser. Consequently, whenever I've posted to Blogger I've seen the results through Firefox and not IE. Today, I posted another review to Romance Reviewed and had to play around for ages to get the cover pic to look right. Finally I got it. But then, for some reason I decided to take a look at the Blog from the eyes of Internet Explorer.

Oh myyyyyyyy. What a difference a browser makes!!!!!!

I'm a technophobe at heart, so I have no idea why my Blogs appear differently on IE compared to what I see on Firefox. One of my (many) weaknesses is that I'm a perfectionist so I'm now pulling my hair out trying to work out how to make it look how I want it to look in IE as well as Firefox.

Why is it so different???

All this time I've spent getting it (in my eyes) as close to perfect as I can, and all the time - after all these MONTHS, the end result on IE is awful in comparison.

Gray (who incidentally uses IE, and has never mentioned anything to me) isn't in the least surprised, and tells me it's Blogger. Is that who I should be blaming? Blogger? Not Firefox or IE?

I know Blogger has its blips, but I really believed it'd improved since BETA. Better Blogger? NOPE!!! It seems it was an illusion.

Does anybody have any ideas how I can coerce Blogger into looking the same on IE as it does on Firefox?

In the meantime, I'm going to pretend I'm oblivious to how the reviews look on IE, and pretend that they look the same as they do on Firefox. If I don't I'm in danger of losing even more time to procrastination while I try to figure it out - and I can't afford to do that (have you seen Gray's word counter recently?:-O!!!!)

2 comments:

Cole said...

LOL -- I've created my sites, several in my learning process and ie browsers are NOT easy to get to work compared to Firefox. I've complained none stop about that! :)

But that having been said, they both are here to stay it would seem and thus you have to work to get them compatible. It is possible... When I'm working on it, I open both browsers to see how much things alter between the two. Adjusting margins, padding and so forth can be done to get both places to look 'right'. Takes time though. There are 'ie fixes' as well that you can apply to the html. That takes a bit of researching though too.

The easiest way to 'fix' this if your not inclined to 'play' with it, is to find a template that tells you they are validated... meaning the code has been checked against many browsers. :)

Good luck!
Cole

Sue aka MsCreativity :-) said...

Thanks Cole! It seems that I have another steep learning curve ahead of me!!

Sue :-)