~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Friday, June 22, 2007

Jinxed - again!

I had plans for this evening. I was so looking forward to tonight that I tried not to breathe a word to anybody about it for fear that I would jinx it (as usual).

Well, guess what happened?!

This evening I was due to go to a talk with the wonderful Katie Fforde but since two days ago I've gone into another relapse - my THIRD this year!!!

Not only have I lost my legs again, but I have double vision - which I haven't had since the onset of this disease back in 2000.

I must say, I've wondered many, many times whether I should give up trying to live the writer's life, but you know what? I'm not going to.

This year I've also been disappointed because I'm unable to attend the RNA's conference.

Something else I've also not mentioned is that I've been looking forward to meeting Kate Walker and Julie Cohen on a weekend workshop they're running together. Reality tells me that I'm going to have to drop out of this too :-(.

I also still have at least another 20,000 words of my manuscript to finish to meet the deadline of the RNA's NWS - but you know what? I'm done with worrying!

Even if I have to send them a partial manuscript I'm NOT GIVING UP! I'm going to do my best to accept this latest relapse gracefully and be grateful for everything I have got - especially my wonderful hubby. Gray couldn't be more supportive and I'm blessed to have him in my life.

Things could be so much worse, and in reality I am very lucky. I am lucky in my virtual life too - I have made many wonderful friends - and I appreciate each and every one of you. Thank you.

With much love,

Sue :-)

4 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

Hugs to you and hope you feel perkier soon.

Liz Fielding said...

That's so tough, (((Sue))). I really admire your determination and hope things are easier soon.

Michelle Willingham said...

Hugs and hang in there, Sue!

Julie Cohen said...

(((Sue))) Your determination is inspiring. I hope you can make it to the Leicester course after all.