~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Friday, August 24, 2007

Erasing the Guilt-Trip

One of the hardest lessons I've been trying to learn is to STOP feeling guilty.

In this post I'm going to refer to the guilt trips I have where my writing's concerned. They mainly occur:
  • When I'm NOT writing
  • When I AM writing
and they even surface about:
  • WHAT I'm writing
Thankfully, something inside of me is now screaming for me to:


Reasons to heed this instruction are:

  • Why should anybody feel guilty when they're not writing? EVERYBODY deserves a regular break, don't they?
  • Why should anybody feel guilty when they are writing? Writing is good - for EVERYBODY, even people who don't consider themselves to be a writer. It is especially good for those who are seeking publication - no writing is EVER wasted even if it never sees the light of day.
  • Why feel guilty about what you are writing? Okay, so I'm writing on this Blog for fun, but it's still WRITING. Even, responding to emails is WRITING. And the more you write (no matter what the content) the more you NEED to write. In fact it can become an addiction, but for WRITERS this is a GOOD habit to be in.

What do you think? Do you experience guilt-trips?

0 comments: