~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Monday, December 03, 2007

The Home Run?

I'm almost too scared to believe it but I think we're on our way to having a completed manuscript! This will be a first for both of us, although Gray's going one better as he's almost got two completed manuscripts.

I need to work my little socks off if I'm not to let us both down. Real-life messed with our equilibrium of writing the same chapter, albeit different scenes, at the same time. This means that while Gray is in the middle of chapter eleven I'm waay behind in the middle of chapter eight.

It's important that we get this book wrapped up in time for Christmas - not least because I'm hoping we can try out hands at writing a synopsis for the new Harlequin competition in the New Year. Plus, we need to get cracking on the plot for our next Medical, AND I''ve also got a dreaded OU Assignment to deliver in the New Year, and... the list continues.

But guess what? I'm LOVING every second of it! We really are living the 'writing' life which is something we've both always dreamed of doing. We might not make a sale in 2008 but one thing I know for certain is that we'll have submitted a few completed manuscripts (all to HMB).

Gray has taken on my mantra of 'Never Give Up' and I'm now back to believing just that. No matter how long it takes, no matter how difficult the journey, we're never going to give up on our goals.

So here's a reminder of why we're likely to be bad Bloggers for the remainder of the year - we've got a deadline to meet... wish us luck!

2 comments:

Jessica Raymond said...

So proud of you -- and Gray! Keep plugging away :)

Jess x

Melissa Marsh said...

You two are awesome! :-) Keep it up!