~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Thursday, February 28, 2008

My Story

I'm not sure how it's happened, but Gray and I seem to have found our stride with our writing life. We are now always working on two manuscripts at a time.

Way back when, when I first began to dream about writing for Mills and Boon, the first piece of advice I read which has always stuck with me is that to achieve publication you need to 'eat, breathe and read' the genre you were targeting. For me, I took those words to heart because they made complete sense. And because of that in retrospect I think I must have been aware (without even realising it) that writing for M&B would have to remain a dream for the foreseeable future.

Why? Because I knew that while I was addicted to reading, I would only be able to devote my time to writing in small snatches. I was in a turbulent marriage back then and my energies needed to focus on my two children. I feel very thankful that my first two partials were rejected.
Not that I realised this at the time, of course!

There was no choice, and when I think back, I realise that I never resented it.

Gray is also researching future projects, and I am also studying towards my degree.


0 comments: