~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Thursday, February 07, 2008

An Early Valentine's Update:

I have now submitted the synopsis/first chapter for the Harlequin Presents Instant Seduction Writing Competition and I don't mind telling you that I have never worked so hard on my writing before.

It's the first time in FIFTEEN YEARS that I've submitted my writing directly to Mills & Boon, and it feels scary. And exciting. And scary again. I know it's not quite the same as submitting a full manuscript or even a partial, but believe me when I say that this contest is HUGE! For the winner it's the equivalent of winning the lottery - and that's the reason why I'm not going to get carried away and think for a second that I'm in with a chance, although it hasn't stopped me dreaming .

Over the past few weeks it has finally sunk in that a writer WRITES, which is what both Gray and I have been doing non-stop. Simple as it sounds it's something that I've never grasped until now and that's only because I'm doing it!

On top of the writing I'm also busy studying, and on top of that I've been on a steep learning curve when it comes to being a mother of two teens (15 & 18).

Then, of course, there's the daily battle I have with the MS.

There is one reason I'm able to cope with all these things and it's simple now that I've come to think about it:
LOVE.

Love is the foundation that holds everything in my life together.

Love is the reason I'm able to cope with the relentless 'real' life stresses and struggles.

And I feel like I'm finally living my dream:
I'm watching my children grow into confident adults;
I'm sharing mutual support with my wonderful hubby, who is also my soul-mate;
and I'm loving the writing.

Can life get any better?

This Valentine's Day, Gray & I will be celebrating LOVE and all the blessings it has brought us.
We have two COMPLETED manuscripts behind us and another two in progress.

How are you going to spend Valentine's?




4 comments:

Jessica Raymond said...

Aw :) Congrats on sending the entry and GOOD LUCK!

Don't know what we're doing on Val's Day. Depends if there's babysitter availability!

India said...

Just catching up here, Sue and wanted to say HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on submitting! It's a great achievement in itself.

Have a Happy Valentine's day!

Melissa Marsh said...

Yay for you, Sue! So proud of you for sending in your contest entry. Best of luck!!!

Lynette said...

Good luck with your submission, Sue! I'm rooting for you. :)