~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Update [3]

Okay, I'm going to try and cut a very long story short:

Gray and I both knew a lot of life-changes were on the horizon but neither of us were prepared with just how many there'd be.

Firstly, my DS made a life-changing decision to fly the nest - something that at times I still feel emotional about.

Then circumstances dictated that we needed to move (downsize). Initially we embraced this notion by planning to move to Cumbria/Northumbria/Scottish Borders and live our dream 'writing' life. This all fell through at the last minute and (now that I have the benefit of hindsight I thank God that it did).

The downsizing still took place but we found a gorgeous (if tiny) cottage in a rural village less than 10 miles away from where we were.

Still in the process of moving (*shudder* a d-i-y move that Gray insisted on *shudder*) we received confirmation that (see Update [1]) I needed a major operation to sort out additional health problems to my MS.

With less than a week in our new home (with all the problems that come with it) I was admitted into hospital for the operation.

And here I am...
...almost two week's post-op and recovering well.

I still have a while to go before I fully heal/recover from the operation, but already I have resumed my writing. I'm aiming to finish polishing/editing the M&B Medical for my NWS deadline (end August).

I'm not back in the true sense of the word - either in the real-world or virtual - yet. But I'm on my way. I'm currently typing this with one finger while I can't use my laptop as a LAPtop (typically my wonderful Dragon software is still packed somewhere)!

Before I end this post I'd just like to say that these past four months have been hard, and then some. I almost reached the point where I wondered whether I would ever write another word again. But, my previous difficult times (healthwise) have shown me that my writing will return in its own time.

In fact, I now understand that being a writer never leaves. Even when I'm unable to put pen to paper/fingers to keyboard my mind is always processing the next plot line, new story or reading.

The important thing for all of us writers to remember is that whatever life throws at us, we must NEVER GIVE UP!

Much Love,
Sue xx


7 comments:

Carol Townend said...

Here's wishing you VERY well,
And good news too on the writing front,
Best wishes
Carol

Jessica Raymond said...

((Sue)) Your well of strength and positivity constantly amazes/humbles me. You are so right -- never EVER give up!

Jess x

Nell said...

Never give up, never give in!
Hugs, and hope you continue to feel better.

Anna Lucia said...

I'm glad to hear you're setting your feet on the road to recovery, Sue! You're right - being a writer never truly goes away, although sometimes it has to wait on the sidelines for a while...

All good wishes and hugs.

Liz Fielding said...

It's so good to see that you're beginning to feel your way back into the writing life, Sue.

Hugs to both of you for what you've been through in the last few months. I do hope you'll soon be back at the keyboard.

Best wishes

Jacqueline Hutchinson said...

Sue - think about you often - hope we can reconnect!

Lots to tell you about my husband's battle with MS - his clinical trial with a higher dose of Rebif and the outcome of the study... I hope we can try to email some time soon.
Jacqueline

Sue aka MsCreativity said...

Oh.My.Goodness. I'm so sorry to everyone who kindly left comments on this Blog post - I thought I'd left a comment thanking you all for stopping by, but it seems that I didn't. *Mortififed*

Carol, thank you for your well wishes.

Thanks, ((Jess)). I'm glad you agree and that you too will never give up.

Thanks for the hugs, Nell.

Anna, thanks for stopping by. It's a great feeling knowing that writing never truly goes away. Thanks for your hugs too.

Liz, thank you so much for your support and your hugs.

Jacqui!!! It's so GREAT to hear from you again, I've thought of you often. I can't find your email address, but I'd love to catch up with you. My email is (no spaces) romance writer 2006 at gmail dot com. Hope to hear from you soon.

Love & hugs to everyone,
Sue xx