~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Monday, June 29, 2009

Muggy Monday

Boy, it's hot.Well, not so much hot as clammy. Last night we were in for a storm or at the very least a downpour. A couple of power cuts later I accepted my fate, believing it to be a necessary must. At least a good storm would clear the air, right?

Amazingly organised (for me), after the second power loss I turned my laptop off, unplugged the internet and lit a load of candles in the lounge. Bring it on, I was ready. Gray and I settled down with our books, even prepared to read by candlelight.

Two, three, four hours later, nothing. Nada. By now Gray chanced watching a dvd, and as he chose a Bourne film, it coerced me into putting my book away too.

And now today. Still no rain. Still no hint of a storm. But, thankfully no more power cuts.

Chapter 10 is finished and as there's no Chapter 11 ready I'm planning to spend the afternoon in the garden with my book. I'm treating myself to Katie Fforde's Paradise Fields (library book) followed by Margaret McDonagh's The Rebel Surgeon's Proposal.






Hope you have as cool a day as possible, and don't forget the sunscreen even if it doesn't look sunny.

2 comments:

Melissa Marsh said...

I think an evening surrounded by candles, a good book, and your soul mate sounds perfect!

Susan Rix said...

Thanks for stopping by, Melissa! :)