~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Thursday already?

Amazing!

I really need to get Chapter 11 revised/polished before next week, but I'm NOT panicking over it. It's too hot to do much of anything except staying cool and calm. There's a great post over on Melissa's blog, Grosvenor Square to remind us of the necessity of staying motivated, balanced and disciplined. Fab stuff.

I confess I did begin to panic a bit yesterday. Extreme heat is not conducive to helping reduce MS Symptoms. It's been 32 degrees here in the UK and I'd forgotten how this level of heat affects me. It's not just normal fatigue etc. that we all get in this heat, but increased nerve pains in the body, vibrations/tremors, numbness. It's strange because I remember Spanish, Cypriot or French heat didn't affect me adversely in the past. I know the UK has a different type of heat but even so, it's also been a reminder that my numorous relapses of 2007 has progressed my condition, so maybe even European heat would affect me nowadays.

However, having said all that, since my major op 11 months ago (hysterectomy), I've experienced a remission of sorts. I still have permanent dizziness, visual problems and chronic fatigue but everything else (like the weakness in my legs) has abated. Long may this continue.

I'm refusing to let my fear of increased problems take away my enthusiasm for the up and coming RNA conference next week. I so don't want the MS to be the primary thing I'm recognised for. Which tells me I still have heaps of work to do on myself to accept that sometimes it's necessary for others to be aware of my difficulties.

Isn't it strange that when I plan to write a completely different blog post that something so different and personal comes out? I guess that's also what happens in the writing process per se. When I think I know how my characters are going to react they always surprise me!

Well, I do feel a tad lighter having shared my deep and personal stuff with you all. Thanks for listening!

4 comments:

Rob said...

Hi :)
Thanks for sharing Susan. I had no idea you had such serious health concerns. I hope you have a great time at the RWA conference and meet a lot of great people. I'm glad you're writing. I will be first in line to read your book when it is published.
:)
Love From Canada
Twitter.com/RKCharron
xoxo

Saskia Walker said...

You have such a positive attitude to your problems and I love that. I live with chronic illness myself and you're an inspiration to me, truly. Sometimes it's good to let off some steam. I'm sending virtual hugs your way!

It looks as if this weather might break soon, and hopefully it will be more comfortable for the conference. I can't wait to meet you.

Susan Rix said...

Thanks, Rob.

I'll keep you to that promise when I get published! ~ Sue ~ xx

Susan Rix said...

Saskia, thanks so much for stopping by.

I wish we didn't have a chronic illness in common - you know where to find me if you ever want to let off steam too. Thanks for the hugs. :)

I'm looking forward to meeting you too! Here's hoping the weather will be just perfect for both of us.

~ Sue ~ xx