~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Monday, August 03, 2009

I *did* say hopefully...

in the last post, didn't I?

Well, I should have recognised the signs - there's been enough of them.

I haven't had an MS Relapse for nearly 2 years but it seems that's changing. With the agreement of my lovely doctor I'm going to try to ride out this latest health blip without the dreaded steroids. Thankfully, so far, my legs and vision haven't been affected, it's just balance problems due to exacerbated dizziness/vertigo compared to what I usually experience on a 'normal' (for me) day-to-day basis.

I'm very fortunate to have the support of friends and family around me - especially my wonderful hubby. The forseeable future will be frustrating for me having to give in to not being able to help those I love. There's never a good time for anybody to be ill but I'm going to (try) to accept the inevitable gracefully. After all, I have so much to be thankful for. Namely:

  • My wonderful hubby
  • Finally having experienced an RNA conference
  • Making new friends at conference - and one who's become a very special friend.
  • Making the NWS deadline (my completed Romance is being sent off this week)
I plan to spend my enforced 'break':
  • Editing/proofing Gray's Historical so he too will make the NWS deadline
  • Reading lots of FAB books
  • Enjoying quality time with my daughter before she moves into her first home later this month
  • Meeting up with my mum occasionally in the virtual world of Pogo and no doubt losing my intermediate rating (again!) on Canasta.
  • Revising my Romance with NWS critique and submitting the partial to Mills & Boon.
I may be visible via twitter and my review blog but that's because I often cheat and pre-program the posts.

Hope to be back to my 'normal' self sooner rather later. :)

7 comments:

Nell Dixon said...

Hugs, be kind to yourself, hope you get back in remission asap.

Antoinette said...

To accept gracefully is the best you can do, and I speak from experience! If you don't do that, you'll go nuts and we don't want that, do we?
I love Canasta, but can only win when I play against the Pogo-robots, they're so predictable.

Judy Jarvie said...

Huge hugs Sue. Look after yourself and pamper yourself with lots of reading indulgence. I still have a picture of you in my head going through books at zip speed with your light up e-reader!
btw I love your character pix. Hmmmn tasty.
jx

RKCharron said...

Hi :)
I'm sorry about your flare up.
I'm glad you have friends and family to help you.
Congrats on making your deadline.
(looking forward to reading it when it is available to buy)
Sending you love & best wishes,
twitter.com/RKCharron
xxoo

Saskia Walker said...

Oh no. I'm so sorry to read this news. Take care of yourself, Sweetie. I'm sending virtual hugs your way and hoping the dark cloud lifts soon.

gaelikaa said...

Sue - God bless and I really do hope and pray for your speedy recovery. Your attitude is wonderful and it's going to get you through.

Susan Rix said...

Thank you all so much. Your hugs & kind words/prayers mean the world to me.

As relapses go this one's still being mild(ish). Hopefully that means I won't lose my legs/vision and I'll be back to 'normal' soon.

Thanks again for your support.

Hugs, Sue xx