~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Monday, February 15, 2010

Why I LOVE my NWS Reader

15/02/10

 Monday:

We had a relaxed weekend and I awoke feeling refreshed, if still my 'normal' tired. The best bit? No Monday morning blues. :=)
  • Writing: I'm living with my story 24/7, even when I'm not physically working on it. Something that's surprised me is that although I have a vague idea of what I'll be writing next, it always comes as a surprise. What I'm realising is I'm not overworking the thoughts on 'what to do next'. It's happening naturally. I'm sure that this is helped by the fact that with these revisions the wonderful Reader from last year's NWS not only wrote pages of critique, but also wrote in the margins of the manuscript!  This is helping me LOADS for these reasons:
  1. It's keeping me focused on the areas I should be focusing on.
  2. I'm asked pertinent questions highlighting when I haven't made my character's motivations clear to readers.
  3. There are also notes to point out when a particular paragraph has worked - the Reader has also explained why it's worked.
  • Wii Fit Weigh-in: -2lbs yayy!
 
How's your Monday shaping up?

3 comments:

Allie said...

The NWS rocks!

Judy Jarvie said...

Sounds like golddust Sue. Yey. Sounds like you have a great book on your hands (love the butterfilies by the way!)
PS. Yes NWS does rock!

Susan Rix said...

Thanks Allie and Judy - the NWS certainly does rock!

Ooh, Judy, I'm not sure if I have a great book on my hands, but hey, one can dream. ;-)