~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday, Monday

I'm easing myself in gently this week. Graham isn't well (a similar virus to the one he had in the New Year), but to be honest, I'm not surprised. Grief does that, I guess. I'm thankful for my faith which is helping me and Graham loads, and in turn his dad. The loss will remain painful for a long time to come, hitting in sudden waves that arrive from nowhere, but it's also accompanied by peace too. Peace in the fact that 'it is what it is' and knowledge that Gray's mum lives on in a world where there is no more pain and suffering.

Isn't it weird how you can begin a blog post with a plan of sorts, and then find yourself talking about something different, something that you didn't think you were strong enough to talk about? I'm not intending to say too much about the events of this year but by the same token I don't want to pretend that nothing's changed, because it has. Heaps.

Well, to get back to my original intention for this post:
  • My daughter's going home today. I've had 10 lovely days of her company, but with one thing and another [read: impending road closure, prospective train strikes and increasing university workload/deadlines] we all decided that it was the best way to avoid unnecessary stress. So, my first task for the week is to take my daughter to the station.
  • I'm going to endeavour to at least read up to where I left off with my rewrites/edits of Kate & Matt's story.
And, for today, that'll be me done. Ooh, before I go I must remind myself that for me at least, today is back to a 'being careful what you eat day'...

0 comments: