- I've been very unwell since 2000 with a health condition that isn't going to leave me - ever.
- I've got to stop seeing the MS as my enemy. The stark truth is that it's part of who I am. I need to stop beating myself up about things I can't change, no matter how hard I try. In essence I have to stop pretending that I'll be well enough one day...
- We are BOTH writers.
- We share the SAME dream.
- We NEED each other.
So, this means:
- Acknowledging that I don't have the stamina to take on writing projects solo.
- Just because writing a novel is something I can do from my bed (when necessary) doesn't make it any easier or less tiring.
- Ask any writer - writing is exhausting - even when you're in tip-top condition healthwise.
- Graham and I need to help ourselves by working on the SAME project at the SAME time.
- We’ll achieve success SOONER by working TOGETHER.
Life has already shown us that change is inevitable. It’s time to stop fighing it. Head hopping into each other’s manuscripts isn’t working. Neither of us have the stamina to be working on two books at the same time. Therefore we’ve decided that our contemporaries need to take a back seat.
Historicals are a passion for both of us. Commen sense dictates that we focus on these. Graham has the stamina (and intellect) for all the necessary research [the bit that fatigues me just thinking about it]. I have the skills to add my input to the characters & plot and I’m good at editing [so long as it’s not my own!!).
As well as sharing a love for M&B, Historicals, and reading per se, I have a passion and belief in US. Yep, for this next chapter, Historical Romance is the way to go – TOGETHER.