~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Monday, May 17, 2010

Book Review: Tug of Love by Allie Spencer

Tug of Love Tug of Love by Allie Spencer


Susan's rating: 5 of 5 stars

Allie Spencer’s debut novel beggars the belief that it’s her first book. Tug of Love is fast-paced with many twists and turns that as a reader I never pre-empted. Every one of the characters, whether secondary or primary, came alive because they are well-rounded and vividly three-dimensional.

I loved the subject matter and the insight that Allie Spencer gives the readers into the world of law is brilliant. This is a definite example of how ‘writing what you know’ can pay dividends. I enjoyed how the profession of barrister contrasted with Lucy’s character. She’s sassy, intelligent, and remains very human throughout this story. I loved her!

Allie Spencer is a fresh new voice in the world of romantic comedy and I can’t wait to read her future books.

0 comments: