~ Join us on a journey of passion and adventure ~

Monday, June 21, 2010

A flurry of activity

This past month or so has seen a flurry of busyness from both Graham and myself.

It began when I went through a major domesticated phase - cue: deep cleaning the kitchen, throwing tonnes of stuff out in an 'out with the old in with the new' kinda way ; ). All this in readiness for my intentions of baking up a storm. This I finally achieved, even culminating in successfully making my own ice-cream [which turned out less like ice cream but more like a kind of sorbet thingy] BUT it is edible and very refreshing. : )

As to my other baking achievements well, least said soonest mended AKA they never lasted long enough to make it to the storage tins let alone another day. In other words a Certain Person managed to finish everything before the precious baked goodies had even cooled down. I felt the joy of achievement for all of 20 minutes before my efforts vanished as though they had never been *sigh* ; ).

Graham, besides being incredibly hungry for freshly baked goods, has also been extra busy with some additional freelance work. This also coincided with a fleeting visit from my daughter. However, by this time, my recent flurry of domesticity was catching up with me so DD & I spent our few days relaxing and doing what we do best - talking. This was DD's first short-stay visit home from uni and we both felt it came to an end too soon. However, experience has shown that this is a GOOD thing because it means that neither of us were chomping at the bit to get away from the other, which in turn means that we're already looking forward to the next visit. : )

0 comments: