I'm going to be keeping the blog updated every week with an assortment of the following posts:
- Our writing journey. A mix of day-to-day progress, successes, failures and everything inbetween. An important part of this will see me blogging about inspirations - the things that help me sit down and write. It could be anything from a photo of a thatched cottage to a description of a summer's walk through the countryside.
- Local history. Sue and I are lucky enough to live in a place surrounded by history in terms of the little stories that most people don't know. For instance, in our neighbouring village we had a medieval outlaw beheaded outside the very church in which he'd sought refuge. Again, we find things like this hugely inspirational and I hope to be sharing some of that stimulation.
- Writing advice. Here's where we'll be sharing the tips, tricks and lessons we've picked up to help fellow authors with their work.
- Anglo-Saxon history. Our novels are firmly entrenched within the Anglo-Saxon era, so I'll be including posts detailing archaeological discoveries and research linked to those times.
- Romantic inspirations. Here's where I'll be looking at important fictional heroes and heroines as well as actors and personalities who act as our muses.
- Reviews. As and when we come across any relevant media.
We're both looking forward to what we're hoping will be an eventful and useful year.